Image Map

Thursday 4 October 2012

CHLOE REVIEWS: REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION FOR COMBINATION TO OILY SKIN


£12.49 from Boots
As you guys know, I have combination to oily skin which means that it's pretty hard to find a foundation for oily skin in the high street/drugstore. Revlon claim that this foundation has a medium to full coverage, helps control shine all day and looks fresh and great for up to 24 hours. I think that this foundation does have a medium to full coverage which is what I look for in a foundation as I do get blemishes quite often and I do like to try and have flawless looking skin. It also does help with the shine on my face, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it stays on for 24 hours. I think that at most it stays on for 16 hours when touching up with your powder. This foundation is pretty lightweight for the amount of coverage it gives, but sometimes it can get a little cakey looking. It has good pigmentation so a little goes a long way. One of the downsides to this foundation for some people might be the smell. It does smell a little like paint, which does eventually wear off. This doesn't bother me that much but it was a shock when I first bought it. You also have to shake this up before you use it as it does have a tendency to separate. I like the package. The glass bottle kind of gives it a high end feel. The only bad thing about it I think is that it doesn't have a pump which means you can sometimes waste some product. A tip that I can give you though is to put your finger over the bottle, give it a shake so that a bit comes out and then put it on your face. I find that that way you use and loose less product. I would recommend this to anyone with oily to combo skin, but use with caution because some people have broken out from this foundation. I would buy it again, even if it is a little pricey for a high street/drugstore foundation.


2 comments :

  1. it smells like paint?! nooo >.<

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! But it does really smell on your face for long :-)

      Delete