Image Map

Friday 23 August 2013

RELIVING YOUR CHILDHOOD AND NEVER GROWING UP

All photos from Pintrest
This week, I have discovered that watching Disney movies has helped me a little with stress and anxiety. So that's what I have been watching to just chill out a bit. While watching it, I was thinking to myself 'should I really be watching this? I'm 20 in a few weeks!'. I've come to conclusion that it's okay to live in your own little fairy tale. Disney also teaches you a few lessons and I'm writing this post to tell you what I have learnt from the Disney films this week. I watched The Little Mermaid, Mulan, Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Maybe I will do another post, make this into a little series each time I watch Disney films!
In The Little Mermaid, I learnt that nobody knows how powerful their voice is until they have been silenced. Ursula took Ariel's voice away from her and little did she know that that nearly caused her to loose Eric and her only chance at true love. Also love at first sight isn't reliable. Eric was obviously attracted to Ariel, but it was her voice and he truly fell for. When Ursula went into disguise using Ariel's voice,Eric thought it was the girl he was looking for and nearly rushed into marriage with a sea witch.
In Mulan, I learnt to follow your heart. Mulan's father was injured so couldn't go into war, so she dressed up as a boy. In her heart, she knew she could do it, even if her head told her she couldn't. She ended up being one of the first female heroes in the world. Follow your heart if you know it's going to give you true happiness! Also, anyone can be a hero. It doesn't matter who you are, what you look like, male or female, 9 or 90 years old, as long as you teach one a lesson or do something good or caring, you can be a hero. 
In Peter Pan, I learnt it's okay to never want to grow up. I think older people get run down with day to day situations, and that's what freaks me out about growing up. Peter Pan teaches me to remember to keep the fun and adventure in everything, no matter how big or small the situation is. 
In Alice in Wonderland, I learnt to think of 6 impossible things before breakfast. Creativity might be the key to all your problems. Also, to decide where you want to go in life. When Alice asked the Cheshire Cat which way to go, she didn't know where she wanted to go. How do you know what path to lead in life when you don't know who you want to be?
I hope you enjoyed what I've learnt from Disney this week and got some of you thinking! I think I will do another one of these posts in the near future.
Chloe xo,

3 comments :

  1. I loved Mulan growing up
    http://theanatomyoffashionbyjane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I love the Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete